Youth Offending Learning Support
Vision for Education are recruiting for a Young Offenders Learning Support to work with young people aged between 11 and 17 that have been placed into care by the youth justice board (YJB) as a result of a crime that they have been convicted of.
£60.00 - £69.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience for this position is: 6 months working with young offenders, young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties or working within a residential home with looked after children, or a similar role.
The role of a Young Offenders Learning Support is to support young people to access education Monday to Friday between 08:30 and 16:00. The successful candidate should be available Monday to Friday and be willing to work some evenings and weekends. This would be an amazing opportunity for somebody who wants to make a difference to young people’s lives from the most deprived and backgrounds, that in some cases have suffered major trauma.
To be considered for the Youth Offending Learning Support position, you will:
- Be resilient
- Be able to demonstrate empathy
- Have a passion to change young people's lives for the better
- Have an understanding of Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues
- Hold an Enhanced DBS that is on the update service, or be willing to undergo one
- GCSE Grace C and above in Maths and English at a minimum.
- Be available 5 days a week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 0191 229 1386.