2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer
- Expiring soon
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations the 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer is key to the delivery of technical support services to TES Global.
As part of a team with wide range of responsibilities and skill levels, you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and processes. The desktop support engineer will work across 1st line interaction with customers managing service requests and incidents through to 3rd line resolution of complex problems in conjunction with 3rd parties.
The structure of this team is designed to open up opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of options for professional development as well as create an environment where team working is part of the working day as well promoting individual technical expertise.
· Build and configure new laptops and desktops as required.
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS and any authorised desktop applications.
· Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for printers, computer hardware and any other authorised peripheral equipment.
· User account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets.
· Provide first & second level Service Desk support for end‐users. Update and monitor problem tracking and reporting systems.
· Works with other teams to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
· Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
· Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
· Responsible for accurate collection of information relating to tickets raised and logged within Service Now and allocating them accurately.
· Responsible for answering the service desk telephone when the 1st line engineer is unavailable.
· Ensure all incidents and requests are dealt with within agreed SLA’s.
· Escalate P1 and P2 issues to senior engineers as appropriate.
· Complete internal desk moves as required.
· Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all customers.
· Ensure all hardware and software inventories are kept up to date.
· Ensure meeting rooms and conference systems are configured correctly and working
· Must have a customer service mentality
· Proactive in suggesting new ideas that simplify or accelerate the delivery of technology solutions
· Take responsibility for decisions and the quality of work
· Maintain a positive and proactive attitude
· Foster good working relationships with other technology teams and business units.
· Demonstrable ability to prioritise and multitask
· Must possess strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Able to demonstrate strong time management skills
About Tes Global
- Tes Global
- 3 St Paul’s Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield
- South Yorkshire
- S1 2JE
- United Kingdom
Tes Global is a digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years.
Our mission is what we stand for. ''We believe in the power of great teaching. We support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education''
We’re aiming to develop the products and services that will make the biggest difference in global education. We’re providing teachers and schools with training, resources and jobs services alongside the world’s largest online teacher community.
We are working to making a difference in the lives of educators, children and students by building a strong and sustainable digital education company, with commercial and social purpose that will improve standards in education worldwide.
We put educators at the heart of everything we do and we‘re passionate about the difference we’re making in global education. We succeed by working together to develop and deliver by collaborating across teams and global locations.
We’re excited about our future; we’re embracing new ideas, innovative ways of working and open technologies so that we can help every educator in the world to raise global teaching standards.
We treat others’ as we would like to be treated ourselves – with dignity and respect. We’re sociable people with a sense of fun and if you believe in improving education worldwide we’ll warmly welcome you here.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries; we are teachers, journalists, designers, technologists, sales people, events managers, software engineers and more. We are socially engaged and united by our passion to support educators, schools, universities and students to ensure that everyone has the best education wherever they are.
Our rewards and benefits
We’re committed to providing an inclusive and engaging workplace where we value everyone’s contribution. We have high expectations and our people work hard so when it comes to our benefits, we have everything you’d expect, from health insurance, generous annual holiday entitlement and retirement benefits. But we also offer more than the basics. Our benefits are part of who we are and are there to support your work / life balance, your health, your development and your financial security.
Our commitment to diversity
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and we believe that we are stronger when we are inclusive. You’ll be treated fairly whatever your age, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or family circumstances.
Everyone is responsible for the promotion and advancement of our diversity policy and we are an Equal Opportunities employer. As such, we are committed to ensuring a culture of equal opportunities with respect and dignity at work for all employees.
We are a truly global company with a presence in the UK, US, Australia and beyond, and everyone, in every location is an integral part of the Tes team.
Join our team to help make a difference in global education. Check out our latest job opportunities below and apply or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.