Salary Range: $74,857 - $96,104 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Tenure: Full Time, Ongoing
Hours: 38 hours per week - Term Time Only
Positions: 3 positions available
Closing Date: Friday 23rd August 2019
Townsville Catholic Education Office supports 29 schools in our Diocese, located in a region extending to Mount Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south and north to Abergowrie. The Catholic Diocese of Townsville provides a diverse range of education choices including primary, secondary and Prep-to-Year 12, as well as kindergarten and childcare facilities. Each provides a high educational standard in a caring and stimulating environment.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students.
What we are looking for
Applications from passionate teachers and/or allied health professionals for 3 x Advisory Visiting Specialists (AVS) - Inclusion positions at Townsville Catholic Education Office (TCEO) on a full-time basis. As the AVS – Inclusion, you will work in collaboration with TCEO personnel, school leadership personnel, teachers, other student support services team members and parents/carers to ensure that students with disability in primary and secondary schools across the Diocese are supported to engage purposefully in learning. The role holder will work to develop the capability within schools to cater for the diversity of learners within our school population.
1 x role to commence immediately 2019
2 x role to commence in 2020
You will be a member of the Inclusive Education Team, assisting schools to provide equitable educational experiences for all students. The role requires travel within the Townsville Diocese, which may require overnight stays.
About the position
You will be required to:
- Provide advice and guidance within schools within the Diocese about the provision of supports for students with disabilities
- Collaborate with school staff to ensure students with disability have access to a relevant and rigorous curriculum
- Build staff capability through coaching, observation and feedback to identify and implement educational adjustments
- Provide consultation and professional learning to improve knowledge of pedagogical strategies that contribute to positive learning environments
You will have:
- Demonstrated your ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methodologies in the provision of inclusive educational practices
- Demonstrated understanding and ability of instructional coaching in a school environment
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility to obtain the same
- Full professional registration (for example, full registration as a teacher in Queensland or AHPRA registration)
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Significant experience in working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Social Emotional Disorders
- Experience in inclusive educational practices
- Inclusive education qualifications or currently studying towards inclusive education qualifications
- Experienced classroom teacher with specialised knowledge about disability or student behaviour
How to apply
To apply for this role please submit a current CV and a covering letter addressing the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the Catholic ethos
- Experience in supporting students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or Social Emotional Disorder
- Proven ability to provide information and demonstration of curriculum, classroom and whole-school modifications required as a result of a disability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously with a range of staff in schools
Why work with Townsville Education Office
To find out more about the role:
Applications close 4pm Friday 23rd August 2019.