Interested in a part time job? We are looking for a Deputy Manager to lead our EYFS/KS1 after school club
Acorns Breakfast & After School Club is based at Hillcroft Primary School in Caterham and provides quality childcare for children between the ages of 3 and 11.
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Manager to join our team on a permanent basis to lead the EYFS/KS1 after school club in the afternoons.
The successful candidate should have an interest in the play needs of children and be able to plan for and lead a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, and other outdoor and indoor games; as well as being proactive, using their own initiative to differentiate activities to ensure full inclusion for all abilities and ages. The should have experience of working in a team and leading others.
They should also be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children and values parental involvement.
Responsibilities of the Deputy Manager will include:
• Overseeing the general day-to-day running of the EYFS/KS1 section of the After School Club, including the supervision of staff and children ensuring a safe and stimulating environment.
• Participating in weekly planning meetings to organise a variety of inclusive games/activities for children between the ages of 3 and 7 years as well as organising the staff rota for EYFS/KS1.
• Attending regular briefings with the Acorns staff team discussing activities, staff rota and any other business.
• Working in collaboration with the Manager, sourcing and ordering any resources required for activities and general use following the current school procedures.
• Maintaining a safe environment for children, staff and visitors, pointing out any possible risks during activities and ensuring that these are documented accordingly.
• Undertaking training relevant to the post of Deputy Manager
• Communicating effectively with the whole school team.
• Liaising with parents/carers as required, maintaining confidentiality in accordance with current policies and reporting any concerns from parents/carers directly to the Manager.
In return we can offer:
• A professional ethos where your contributions will be valued and actively encouraged
• A friendly team of enthusiastic colleagues
• An attractive working environment with excellent facilities, well behaved children and supportive families
• Fantastic CPD opportunities
Hours: 17.5 hours per week (2.45pm-6.15pm, 5 days a week, 42 weeks per year including INSETS & holiday club- hours will vary during these times)
Salary: FTE: £16,571-£19,386, Pro Rata: £7,395- £8,651
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.