Interested in a part time job? We are looking for a Play Worker to supervise children in our after school club
Acorns Breakfast & After School Club is based at Hillcroft Primary School and provides quality childcare for children between the ages of 3 and 11.
We are looking for someone to join our team on a permanent basis to work at our after school club in the afternoons.
The successful candidate should have an interest in the play needs of children and be able to participate in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, cooking, and other outdoor and indoor games; as well as being proactive, using their own initiative to differentiate activities to ensure full inclusion for all abilities and ages.
They should also be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with parents/carers in a way that supports children and values parental involvement.
As part of the Acorns team you will be expected to participate in training to develop your personal and professional skills and work alongside the Deputy Manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind Acorns is fulfilled.
We can offer:
• A professional ethos where your contributions will be valued and actively encouraged
• A friendly team of enthusiastic colleagues
• An attractive working environment with excellent facilities, well behaved children and supportive families
• Fantastic CPD opportunities
The successful candidate will be:
• Reliable, flexible and able to respond positively to any challenges
• Able to supervise the children in play areas, ensuring the orderly conduct and the welfare and safety of each child
• Prepared to work both independently and as part of a team
• Proactive and resourceful
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 16.25 hours per week (2.45pm-6pm, 5 days a week, 42 weeks per year including 5 INSETS & 3 weeks holiday club)
Salary S3 FTE: £15,461 Pro Rata: £6,406
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.