Oryx International School is owned by Qatar Airways and operated by Orbital Education for the children of Qatar Airways employees. The original school opened its doors in 2016 and has now relocated to a new purpose built, state of the art school on the south side of the city.
The school has committed, passionate and motivated stake-holders that have the students at the centre of everything we do.
We offer the rigour, breadth and balance of the English National Curriculum which will ensure all of our students from the 80 different nationalities will achieve success in the classroom, in one of the many laboratories, on the sports field, in the swimming pool, in the music rooms or on the stage of our 600 seat auditorium.
If you want to join our outstanding team at Oryx International School, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced and passionate teacher in your field
· Able to contribute meaningfully to the wider life of the school
· Fully committed to helping your students achieve success
Assistant Head Teacher (Primary)
AHT (Primary) is a new post to complement our existing Leadership Team in Primary consisting of the current Assistant Head of Primary and the Head of Primary. The post holder will also be a member of the whole school extended Senior Leadership Team.
This post would suit someone with middle leader experience or senior leadership experience who wishes to establish themselves in a senior role of responsibility within a large and growing school. Applicants are invited to offer and highlight their area of expertise as the role will be adapted to suit the strengths of the successful candidate.
In return for your outstanding teaching and care for our students you will receive a very competitive tax free salary and benefits package.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· a brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and all applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in Doha, London and via Skype.
Oryx International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful, a police check will be necessary from your country of origin as well as a disclosure from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service and ICPC, for UK residents past and present.