Oryx International School
About Oryx International School
Oryx International School is a unique project conceptualised by Qatar Airways and Orbital Education, creating a joint venture between a world-renowned, multi-billion dollar turnover airline and a prestigious group of international schools. The objective of this £70 million project is to satisfy the demand for premium quality British style education for the children of Qatar Airways employees in Doha, Qatar.
The vision and mission of Oryx International School is to provide the employees of the world’s five-star airline and their children access to a five-star education. The new campus opened in September 2018 and is situated in Mesaimeer, a fast-growing area of Doha. It will provide state-of-the-art facilities and education technology to enrich teaching and learning experiences for the students. The school aspires to foster an ethos of global citizenship, the celebration of cultural diversity and a wide international perspective to equip their students with the building blocks to become potential leaders of the future across the world.
Oryx International School has already gained membership to the British Schools of the Middle East, the CIS and COBIS. This reflects an already high achieving and forward-thinking school known for its strong personal approach to education which has quickly gained the respect of the school community. We are committed to ensuring excellent learning and teaching in a caring environment. You will find the school a rewarding and friendly place to work with outstanding relationships between staff, students and parents.
The school has a six form capacity from Foundation Stage 1 up to Year 13 and is already almost full in the Primary year groups and most Secondary year groups have four form entry.
All applications must be made on the TES ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM - QUICK APPLY
1. Complete all questions and fields.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· a brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and all applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.