If you are a leader who is inspirational and enthusiastic, and is committed to delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning with the ability to lead the English department with drive, passion and ambition, then we are keen for you to apply for the post of Assistant Headteacher, Director of English at Westfield Academy.
We are an 11-16 co-educational school, in Somerset, serving the town of Yeovil and the surrounding villages. Westfield is a popular and successful school with a good reputation. Student numbers are increasing and are set to continue to grow significantly over the next few years.
‘This school continues to be good’. (Ofsted, May 2018)
We can offer you:
- A committed and supportive leadership team, teaching and support staff
- A range of career development opportunities including induction and mentoring
- A stable and caring school community with well behaved, motivated and delightful students
- A school that is financially stable and well-managed
- A pleasant, green site with outstanding facilities
- An opportunity to live and work in fantastic part of the country.
We are looking for people with:
- A passion for learning and teaching and an ambition to lead a successful English Department
- The ability to inspire students to attain the highest possible outcomes
- An ability to contribute to whole school strategic development as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Westfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2018).
For further details please follow the links below and visit our website, www.westfieldacademy.co.uk or contact the Headteacher’s PA, Lisa Jeffreys, tel: 01935 446851, email: email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 16 January 2019 at 12:00pm
Interviews will take place over 2 days on Wednesday 23 & Thursday 24 January 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5:00pm on Thursday 17 January 2019