Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral)
Leadership spine: 8 - 12
ARNOLD ACADEMY is located in an enviable position close to Barton Hills in Bedfordshire. Currently a 6-form entry school we are in the process of completing a programme of new building and improvement to grow to 720 pupils. Following the promotion of the current postholder, we need to appoint an outstanding assistant headteacher for September 2018.
- A strategic role in the leadership and further development of the academy;
- A caring, welcoming and aspiring community;
- A hardworking, supportive staff team;
- Further professional enrichment and development opportunities;
- An excellent teaching and learning environment;
- A supportive community that wants the very best for all our children;
- An academy where every child matters and all achievements are valued.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong, effective leadership skills;
- A proven record as an excellent practitioner and team leader;
- The ability to inspire and motivate children, colleagues and the wider community;
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- A commitment to inclusive education;
- Experience of effective self-evaluation processes which impact on learners;
- An ability to effectively interpret and analyse data to improve the attendance of pupils;
- Successfully demonstrated innovation, commitment and ambition in your current role;
- A high level of experience and success in pastoral matters and whole school behaviour strategies;
- An ability to teach maths across the 9-13 age range would be an advantage, but not essential.
If you are interested in this position please visit our Academy to see us in action. For more information or to arrange a visit contact Mrs Wendy Simpson (Office Manager) on 01582 616400 or email email@example.com.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 1st March 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 6th March 2018
Arnold Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to enhanced DBS checks.