Are you looking for the opportunity to make a real difference to children’s lives? Are you ambitious, motivated, and ready to become part of a growing school? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, research driven, and teaching focused environment? If so, we are currently recruiting for an Assistant Principal, with whole school responsibility for the curriculum in the first instance, to join our team at Goresbrook.
We are an all-through school which has undergone rapid change within the last year, and are looking for an Assistant Principal to join our Senior Leadership Team, to help us continue our journey. Our school opened in September 2014 with our first Reception cohort and we are growing each year until we reach full capacity. In our primary phase, we currently have from Nursery to Year 4, with 3 forms of entry in each year group, meaning that workload is shared, and there is always somebody to discuss ideas with.
Our belief is that innovative, quality teaching lies at the heart of everything we do, and as an Assistant Principal, you will be involved in enhancing the curriculum provision and the quality of teaching across the Primary phase. As an Assistant Principal, you will also have the leadership skills to motivate, inspire, and be an exceptional role-model for members of staff at all levels. We believe that to be that role-model for best practice, all leaders should be exceptional teachers, so the role will be class-based in a year from EYFS to Key Stage 2, with enough release time each week to develop whole school initiatives.
We are a hard working team, where staff at all levels are encouraged to develop themselves and be the best they can be, in a supportive environment that is focused on teacher CPD and research-based school improvement.
Whether you are a current assistant principal, or a middle leader looking for your first senior leadership role, we would love to hear from you.
We can offer you:
- Plenty of opportunities for professional development, within our school and our Trust. We offer NPQSL, as well as opportunities for coaching and mentoring in school and within our network of schools
- The opportunity to inform the direction of a growing school
- Working groups with our partner school to share best practice
- An individual CPD pathway to develop both practice and leadership skills
- A team dedicated to innovative teaching methods and implementing current research
- At least 3 additional PPA days per year
- An opportunity to work in a charitable organisation that is focused on improving the lives of disadvantaged children; the core value of the Trust is “the best in everyone”
The right candidate will have:
- Experience of success in a leadership role
- Drive, determination and a passion for excellent teaching
- Leadership skills to enable them to motivate, inspire, and engage others
- A positive outlook and a resilient nature
- A commitment to developing their own, and others, teaching practice as part of a team
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment that values every member of the team
- Strong knowledge of best practice, and innovative ideas for school improvement
- A desire to learn and develop themselves
Visits to the school are encouraged, and our Twitter is updated regularly @goresbrooksc
You can book a visit by emailing the Principal’s PA - Louise.email@example.com, or calling the school on 0203 597 6666
Closing date: 24th February at 17:00
Interviews: 26th/27th February
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. CVs will not be considered.