Cairo English School are looking for an exceptional experienced and well-qualified professional who is passionate about improving the educational experiences of all young people. If you are really committed to improving the lives of children and have a passion for education, then CES is the best fit for you.
As a member of the school Senior Leadership Team, your key role will be supporting the headteacher in defining, promoting and driving the CES vision. You will be responsible for planning, initiating and overseeing whole school improvement and engaging, supporting and motivating all staff to work towards the vision collectively. Ensuring we have the right people and plans in place to see that our young people – whatever their needs – leave the school feeling proud of what they have achieved and what they are capable of. You will also be key in providing a channel of communication for all staff between the Senior Leadership Team.
You must be outstanding practitioner who has a genuine passion and working knowledge of the Curriculum and Special Educational Needs. Equally, you are someone who is resilient, innovative and has an enthusiasm that is infectious, so that you bring about change in a positive way. You should be sensitive, respectfully challenging, patient and kind: just the type of leader our young people, staff and community can relate to.
Applicants should also be flexible, team players and possess strong interpersonal skills. Previous experience of working in an international school setting would be beneficial but is not essential.
About the Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth operational running of the school day in Key Stage 2, as part of the Primary sector at CES. They will be able to lead and develop the Quality of Education and Behaviour and Attitudes within the school. It is essential that they have a good understanding of the use of data to inform school improvement and a proven record in developing teaching, learning and the curriculum.
Work with the Head Teacher and SLT to:
• Jointly develop and establish the aims of the school,
• Create and share policies to achieve these aims,
• Manage staff and resources to meet the aims of the school
• Monitor and develop the curriculum further to improve outcomes
• Monitor progress towards the achievement of these aims.
Why work for us
• Social activities
• Your Wellbeing Matters
• Be part of a fantastic, driven team who work hard together and support each other
• Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference
• Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
• Tax-Free Salary in GBP and monthly Housing Allowance in EGP
• Free International Medical Insurance.
• Annual round-trip, economy class ticket to your home of record
• Retirement Benefit which includes a 5% matching contribution
• Join an enthusiastic learning community of pupils, teachers, parents and Board members, who are all dedicated to maximising student achievement and creating positive learning opportunities within and beyond the classroom.
Cairo English School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 17 years
‘Together achieving personal Excellence’
We accept students aged 3.5-17 years (Nursery through to Year 12). We offer a challenging and demanding education based on the British model, using the National Curriculum of England (ENC) as well as IGCSE, IBD...