The Governors wish to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and talented leader to be Deputy Headteacher following the promotion of the current postholder to Headteacher at our school. This is an exciting time in our school`s development and we are looking for an individual who will focus on providing the very best for every student and will positively contribute to Brownedge St Mary`s journey.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic committed to carrying forward the Catholic and inclusive ethos of the school.
- Have successful experience as an inspirational Senior Leader in a secondary school
- Have a passion for outstanding learning, inspiring students and colleagues to be the best they can be.
- Have the skills to innovate, lead and motivate all stakeholders to build further sustainable success
- Be committed to creating a caring environment that promotes academic, creative and personal achievement, alongside spiritual and moral development.
- Have high expectations of themselves, colleagues and students and the energy and determination to make a difference.
In return, Brownedge St Mary’s offers:
- Wonderful children, loyal and proud of their school
- Hard working and committed staff
- Insightful and supportive governors
- An environment shaped by the best pastoral care where every child’s future matters
There is some flexibility regarding the specific responsibilities of the role depending on the experience, skills and strengths of the successful applicant. We do not have any preference regarding subject specialism.
“This is a good school. The school’s strong moral ethos promotes pupils’ good behaviour and exemplary relationships between teachers, pupils and their peers.” (Ofsted Nov 2015)
Further information and an application pack are available to download from the school website: www.st-maryshigh.lancs.sch.uk.
Visits to the school will be available on the mornings of
Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th July 2019
Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th September 2019
Please telephone the school to make an appointment.
Closing date is noon on Friday 27th September 2019
Interview Dates are Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th October 2019
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure with the DBS.
Brownedge St. Mary’s Catholic High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring the safety of all its children and young people.