We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, Designated Safeguarding Lead/Wellbeing Manager, to join our Senior Management Team. The successful candidate will take lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the school, working alongside the DDSL. We are looking for a candidate who:
• has a proven track record of safeguarding and child protection work;
• has excellent organisational and leadership skills;
• has experience of developing and delivering safeguarding training;
• has the capacity to contribute to the emotional wellbeing of students in the school;
• is able to take a prominent role and lead in all safeguarding and wellbeing matters in a large school with significant focus on student welfare and safety;
• has excellent interpersonal skills needed to develop positive and supportive professional relationships with students, parents, external agencies and the wider community;
• has a working knowledge and understanding of current and national issues in relation to safeguarding and child protection;
• has the ability to analyse problems, reach considered judgements, resolve issues and delegate effectively.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for a more detailed description of the role and requirements for this post. Further guidance and school policies can be accessed via the school website: www.littleover.derby.sch.uk under Job Vacancies and Safeguarding.
Completed application forms, with supporting letter explaining why you feel you have the qualifications, experience and personal qualities required for this post, should be returned either by post to the school address or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates wishing to visit the school may do so from 3.30 pm on Thursday 13th May, 2021. Please contact school beforehand to indicate your attendance and arrange a suitable time.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. If you have not heard anything by the end of May, your application will have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications : Tuesday 18th May, 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews to be held on : Wednesday 26th May and Thursday 27th May, 2021
Information and application forms are available from the school website: www.littleover.derby.sch.uk
Littleover Community School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Littleover Community School is an 11-18, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school administered by Derby City Council. Our school is situated four miles to the south west of the centre of Derby, in pleasant, spacious grounds. It has a proud acad...