Relocation: A relocation package will be considered
Pension: Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Bilborough Sixth Form College in Nottingham is seeking an inspirational and dynamic Director of Curriculum and Quality to lead on key aspects of our well-developed systems of curriculum planning, quality assurance and student performance monitoring (with associated data analysis).
The person appointed will take up post at our successful, popular and inclusive sixth form college at an exciting time as it joins the newly established Better Futures Multi Academy Trust as one of just two founding sixth form colleges.
We are proud of our consistently strong academic results. Just as important, is our commitment to ensuring that students leave us with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to enter the global workplace. There is already much to be proud of at Bilborough, but we refuse to rest in our pursuit of excellence. As we enter the next phase of our development, we need to build on our successes and embrace future challenges.
Joining a dynamic and dedicated Senior Leadership Team, you will play a key role in embedding the vision and strategy of the College, innovate further and develop productive relationships and partnerships across the Trust. Alongside your cross-college curriculum and quality brief, you will line manage four heads of faculty and support them in achieving excellent progress and attainment for all students. You will also oversee the development and delivery of BTEC and vocational programmes. For the right candidate who is able to demonstrate sound knowledge of quality systems and a track record of achieving significant improvements in provision, this role presents the opportunity to contribute more widely across the newly established trust.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your leadership career in a College where talented and dedicated staff strive to build on our high standards and our strong local and regional reputation, with the support of a committed local governing body. This role will have strong appeal to candidates with a successful track record of leadership in a College or 11-18 school and will be seeking a Deputy Principal or Principal role in the future.
We need an exceptional leader who:
• Will ensure that the well-being and success of our students is at the heart of every decision;
• Has sound strategic sense and a deep commitment to educational improvement, excellence and innovation
• Has the ability to motivate and empower the talented staff they will manage;
• Is passionate about working in an ethnically diverse, inclusive College and can embrace and promote the College’s vision and values;
• Is committed to working as part of a family of colleges within the Trust;
We can offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a member of the College’s Senior Leadership Team as it becomes part of a developing national group of sixth form colleges;
• Students who are eager to learn, well behaved and very proud of their College;
• A culture of high expectations for students and staff;
• An appetite for innovation and continuous improvement;
• Dedicated and supportive senior leadership team colleagues;
• Purpose-built teaching and learning facilities
• A supportive and committed Local Governing Body
How to Apply:
If you share our vision for education and are passionate about helping all students reach their full potential, you will be well placed to join our team and we would like to hear from you.
For more detailed information about the role please download the recruitment information pack.
To apply for this role please download the application form using the tab below. You should include a personal statement explaining your suitability for the post and address the criteria outlined in the person specification. Completed application forms should be uploaded onto the College’s TES portal or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 18th October 2019.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: Thursday 24th October 2019
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff appointments are subject to pre-employment screening including DBS clearance. We are an equal opportunities employer.