Nottingham, United Kingdom
About Bilborough College
To offer outstanding teaching, learning and support to 16-19 year-olds to facilitate progression from school into university, further training, apprenticeships and employment. We provide a relevant, broad and rich curriculum so that our students can reach their full academic and wider potential while developing the independence, resilience and awareness necessary for success as responsible global citizens
1. Confident, enquiring, ambitious and independent learners
2. High rates of progression into higher education, top quality jobs, high level
apprenticeships and further training
3. Outstanding progress and outcomes for students
4. Consistently excellent learning, teaching and support
5. A dynamic and relevant curriculum
6. An inspirational, professional and diverse team of staff
7. Attractive accommodation and resources which support the learning process well
8. A sound financial base
9. An excellent reputation which accurately reflects these strengths
In order to work towards achievement of these aims the college engages in an annual cycle of self-assessment and quality improvement planning and implementation
· Ambitious for our students, challenging them to reach their full potential, academic and otherwise.
· Inspiring in our students an enjoyment of learning and a sense of what might be possible.
· Supportive of our students, helping them to address their needs in order to achieve successful outcomes.
· Inclusive of all our students, celebrating their diversity and responding to their different backgrounds, cultures, faiths and talents.
· Committed to helping our students rise to challenges, learn from doing so and overcome any barriers to achieving everything of which they’re capable.
· Open to new ideas and to opportunities for working with others – academies, universities, employers and the local community - for our students’ benefit
These values inform the way we work – staff, leaders and governors – to achieve our aims. We encourage our students to adopt the same approach.
Bilborough College is a Sixth Form College situated on a large campus adjacent to a new 11-18 Academy with which there are very productive partnership links. The College is located on the North-West boundary of Nottingham, three miles from the City centre, one mile from the M1 and close to the Derbyshire border. The college has bus links throughout Nottinghamshire and parts of Derbyshire.
A FUTURE LESS ORDINARY-