Oryx International School is a unique project conceptualised by Qatar Airways and Orbital Education, creating a joint venture between a world renowned, multi-billion dollar turnover airline and a prestigious group of International schools. The objective of this £70 million project is to satisfy the demand for premium quality British style education for the children of expatriate employees of Qatar Airways in Doha.
The vision and mission of Oryx International School is to provide the employees of the world’s 5 star airline and their children access to a 5 star education. The bespoke, built to specification school provides state-of-the-art facilities and education technology to enrich teaching and learning experiences for our students. The school aspires to foster an ethos of global citizenship, the celebration of cultural diversity and a wide international perspective to equip their students with the building blocks to become potential leaders of the future across the world.
The facilities offered at the school site, combined with our approach to education, incorporates British style and tradition based upon the English National Curriculum, while retaining the value of local culture and tradition, allowing Oryx International School to stand out.
If you want to join our outstanding team at Oryx International School, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced and passionate teacher in your field
· Able to contribute meaningfully to the wider life of the school
· Fully committed to helping your students achieve success
Early Years Foundation Stage Teacher
Our Primary School consists of FS, KS1 and KS2. There are between four and seven classes in each year group which are led by Year Group Leaders. Regular assemblies and activity programmes help to enrich the National Curriculum and EY Framework. TAs, LSAs, SEN and EAL specialist teachers are employed to support our teaching and learning programmes and we have a dedicated team of teachers who provide Music, PE and Modern Languages. All staff receive generous PPA time and a comprehensive CPD and INSET programme. Primary staff are furnished with an iPAD to supplement the existing IWB and PC technologies.
The Primary School has 12 classes in each block with dedicated teacher work rooms where you can do your PPA. The workrooms have desks, lockable lockers and access to printers.
All classrooms have the latest Interactive Touch Screen Boards and easy access to carefully landscaped indoor and outdoor play areas.
In return for your outstanding teaching and care for our students you will receive a very competitive tax free salary and benefits package.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· a brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and all applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place in Doha and via Skype.
Oryx International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.