Based in the London Borough of Hounslow, Marjory Kinnon School is a popular special school for pupils aged 4-16 years with moderate and severe learning difficulties, a high proportion of whom have a diagnosis of Autism. Ofsted has judged the school as ‘Good’ with behaviour being ‘Outstanding’. We are committed to raising standards that promote the welfare of our pupils through safeguarding and enhancing their learning experiences. The school expects all staff to share this commitment. This is an exciting time to join our happy, friendly and supportive team of professionals as we move into a new purpose built building with excellent facilities that will better meet the needs of our pupils and enhance their education. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Early Years Teaching Assistant to work with a group of pupils who have moderate and severe learning difficulties, several of whom have a diagnosis of Autism. The successful candidate will:
• Assist the teacher in the delivery of the curriculum, working collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
• Have patience and peristance in providing specialist support and care to our pupils, with the aim of developing their independence.
• Have a creative and inspirational approach to inspire and develop our pupils to achieve their full potential.
• Have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
• Support our Thrive strategies and have an understanding of positive behaviour management strategies to support our pupils. In return we can offer:
• A well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
• A school that not only invests in our pupils, but also our staff by providing a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities.
• A supportive leadership team who welcome fresh ideas.
• Excellent transport links with Hatton Cross Station and Feltham Station close by
Marjory Kinnon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to DBS checks.
If shortlisted, you will be required to spend one full day in our school. The assessment day will be multi-faceted and will include class based activities as well as an interview and written tasks. Full details will be sent out with interview letters.
Closing date: 08.01.18.
Shortlisting date: 09.01.18.
Interviewing date: w/b 15.01.18.
Further information and an application pack, is available from our website or by email.