Corby Technical School is a free school that opened in September 2012. The school was rated as Outstanding in our Ofsted inspection, and we would be looking to employ a person who shares our aspirations for excellence.
Corby Technical School requires an efficient and self-motivated Education Welfare Assistant / Attendance Officer to join our growing team. Working full time (37 hours per week / 40 weeks per year). the post holder will be responsible for administering school attendance data and working alongside the Education Welfare Officer to improve outcomes for pupils. Candidates should have an understanding of the potential barriers to learning and attending school faced by children and young people and assist the Education Welfare Officer to design and implement plans for improvement. The successful candidate will have experience of handling sensitive and often confidential information and have previous experience communicating with parents / carers and families as well as other agencies. Experience of working in the school environment is desirable but training and mentoring is available for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will:
• Work closely with colleagues across the School, building effective relationships with all staff and students
• Have previous experience of working with parents / carers and other agencies
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Work with the utmost integrity and confidentiality
For an informal discussion relating to this post or to arrange a visit prior to application, applicants are invited to contact Sarah Young, on 01536 213100 or email@example.com . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position we would be delighted to hear from you. Full details and an application form are available at: www.corbytechnicalschool.org.
How to apply
Having read the advertisement, examined the job description and person specification, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than one side of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Young
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st August 2019