The Edron Academy is seeking an outstanding Teacher of English for August 2019. Responsibilities include leading teaching and developing the English curriculum; IB and IGCSE experience would be an advantage.
Job Purpose: To teach English at Key Stage 3, IGCSE and IB Level
- Planning and delivering outstanding lessons
- Contributing to the development of the subject
- Working to achieve ambitious subject targets
- Providing effective student feedback
- Tracking student progress effectively
- Providing first-class reports
- Contributing to the positive culture in school
About the school
The Edron Academy is an internationally renowned bilingual and bicultural school in Mexico City. It is proud to be a leading member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS). Following its successful (ISI) inspection, Edron continues its journey to excellence, by seeking outstanding professionals to join its team.
Edron Academy teachers are
- Outstanding practitioners with relevant experience
- Positive contributors to effective teams
- Creative and solution focused
- Committed to lifelong learning
- Motivated by high expectations of all children
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development
Edron Academy offers:
- The experience of working in a prestigious bicultural, bilingual school
- A positive team culture and supportive community ethos
- Professional development supported by an annual professional development review
- Leadership opportunities
- A competitive benefits package
In addition to a competitive salary we offer:
- Ticket Card (Supermarket): 15% of monthly salary
- Saving Fund: 13% of monthly salary
- Retirement Fund: 4% of monthly salary
- Christmas bonus: 15 days of monthly salary
- Luggage Expenses: 46 kilos reimbursed
- Rent Allowance: $11,750 ($MX) per month
- Settling-in allowance: one month’s salary
- Overseas Allowance: $8,455 ($MX) per month
- Return air-ticket: Economy class
- Life Insurance
- Medical insurance
More information and further details of the school can be found in the information pack and job description downloads.
To apply, please click the 'Quick Apply' button below and attach your CV alongside the application form.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 24th January 2019.
Interviews will take place in London between 28th January and 6th February.
Skype interviews may be arranged on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged.
Safeguarding: The Edron Academy is committed to safeguarding the health, welfare and safety of young people. Candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, or local equivalent, prior to taking up an offer of employment.