ESOL Lecturer (Maternity Cover)
Newcastle upon Tyne
- £23,887 (for part time posts salary will be pro rata in accordance with FTE) 33.3 hours per week, 0.9 FTE
- Job type:
- Part Time, Maternity Cover
- Apply by:
- 7 February 2018
Newcastle College is aiming to recruit an innovative and student focused ESOL Lecturer to teach ESOL to large groups of adult learners of different backgrounds from Pre-Entry to Level 2. Preparing learners for City & Guilds ESOL Skills for Life Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing exams.
The successful candidate will have a PGCE and a CELTA and have experience of teaching ESOL to adult learners in the UK. Experience of working in a Further Education College is desirable.
Based at Riverside Dene, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7RW.
The successful candidate will hold a PGCE and be an experienced and skilled teacher of ESOL in the UK to large groups of learners and have experience of preparing learners for Skills for Life qualifications.
Newcastle College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
At Newcastle College values are not just about what we do, but also about how we do things. Our values underpin the culture and beliefs of our organisation, we expect all our staff to demonstrate behaviours in line with our three core values. 1. Valuing Our People, 2. Ownership and 3. Being Open and Honest.
Newcastle College is part of the NCG Group and offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including enhanced annual leave schemes, access to the either the Teachers pension scheme (teaching posts) or the Local Government pension scheme (non teaching posts), childcare vouchers and discounts via our online benefits portal. Many of our locations also offer limited free parking for staff.
About Newcastle College
- Newcastle College
- Scotswood Road, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Tyne and Wear
- NE4 7SA
- United Kingdom
Newcastle College is a further and higher education college in the heart of the North East. We’re based in the centre of Newcastle, which is regularly voted a top place to live, work and study.
We’ve been unlocking potential in learners for over 120 years and we help more than 16,000 students prepare for their future careers each year, offering hundreds of vocational courses and apprenticeships across our main campus and specialist academies in Gateshead, Wallsend and Newcastle International Airport.
We want to help everyone achieve the career of their dreams, right here in our region.
Our priority is making sure our students are taught the right skills for the job and that’s why all of our courses are developed in collaboration with local employers. Our students benefit from first-class facilities, tutors with real industry experience and opportunities to work with employers and industry experts, plus an award-winning student support team, to help everyone get the best out of their time with us.
- We have over 16,000 students and 900 employees
- In addition to our main Rye Hill Campus, we are proud to operate four specialist academies across the North East.
- Our Transport Academy (including our Rail and Aviation Academies) was awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Further and Higher Education in 2018.
- We have a thriving international community, with students from over 70 countries studying with us.
- Newcastle College University Centre has Taught Degree Awarding Powers and offers more than 70 Foundation and Honours Degrees.
- The University Centre was awarded TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) Silver in recognition of our teaching standards for higher education.
- Newcastle School of Education is a Centre of Excellence for teacher training.
- Our award winning student support services includes an Autism Academy, Mental Health team and learning mentors, while Student Services holds the Matrix Standard for information, advice and guidance.
Thinking of moving to the North East? Find out more here - https://www.tes.com/teaching-jobs-north-east
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.