Thamesmead School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Finance and Business Manager into our friendly and thriving school. The successful applicant will work with the newly appointed Headteacher as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, to drive the school forward to further improvements, making a difference to the education and opportunities of our students every day.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The key purpose of this role is to give strategic vision to all aspects of finance, income generation, HR, premises and provision of IT. You will lead the effective provision and operation of the School’s financial management including forecast planning and procurement and you will seek to drive best value in all School operations and contracts. You will find creative ways to help us achieve our educational objectives within our limited budgets.
The leadership and management responsibilities for this role include the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Legal Issues
- Development of the school site
- IT and Information Management, and Data Protection
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Someone with a track record of strong financial skill developed in senior positions
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with relevant financial professional qualifications
- A strategic thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in business, finance and resources management
- Preferably experience of Academy or school finances
- Capable of adapting to the organisational culture of an academy
- Able to relate to and build trust with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled at managing people and systems
- Able to think creatively and problem solve
- The ability to work and maintain focus under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Confident in using new technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
In return we can offer you:
- A warm and vibrant school community
- Support of a strong Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team
- Further training and support with your career advancement.
If you have any questions about the school or role or if you would like to arrange a visit, then please contact Zoe Midwinter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete the online application.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 19th February 2018
Interviews will be scheduled in the week beginning 26th February 2018