This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working individual to join the Finance and HR team at Thomas More. This position will suit someone who has experience in both Finance and Personnel and who can bring a can-do positive attitude along with them.
You will provide finance and clerical support to the Director of Finance & Personnel with other admin duties as and when required. Excellent numeracy, ICT, literacy and communication skills, along with experience of word processing and excel, are essential.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To assist in the administration of a range of Finance procedures and to ensure that the use of resources is adequately monitored and controlled.
- To assist and support the Director of Finance & Personnel with the administration of personnel records and data and offer an effective administrative HR support service according to processes and procedures, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
For this role you will be required to be/have:
- Educated to A level equivalent
- IT literate
- Highly organised with good attention for detail
- Ability to use initiative, work unsupervised and to strict deadlines
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
In return our school offers an excellent working environment with the opportunity for continued professional development within the department.
Note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from the school website. CVs will not be accepted. Please apply using the CES Application Form for Support Staff.
Closing date: Monday, 28th January 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed upon shortlisting
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to the normal pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).