Due to our expanding school roll, applications are invited from enthusiastic and collegial teachers wishing to join a warm and friendly boarding community, who are prepared to participate fully in our extensive extra-curricular activities programme. The position would suit either young teachers or established teachers looking for a teaching position in South East Asia. The students are truly delightful and many teachers who arrive at the school are pleasantly surprised by the fact that they are able to come here and teach!
Candidates should be above 22 years old (in keeping with Malaysian visa laws) and have had at least 2 years’ teaching experience focused on student-centred learning and competence in the use of ICT. The candidate must also be willing to work with both Primary and Secondary pupils as well as be able to communicate in English.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a variety of teaching methodologies;
- Differentiate according to individual student needs;
- Communicate clearly and accurately;
- Engage and motivate students;
- Encourage both independent and collaborative learning;
- Use assessment to inform teaching and learning;
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness;
- Possess highly developed ICT competencies.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to security vetting.
Please apply via https://apply.uptic.net/school/ktj Contact details of three referees, which should include your immediate supervisor and current Head of School will be required.
Closing date: 3rd January, 2018.