Classification: Full Time, Permanent, Job Share applicants may be considered
Salary Range: $59,215 - $61,719 per annum pending experience
Commencing Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26 May 2021
St Joseph’s Catholic School, Mount Isa instills a love of learning, and children are actively encouraged, by our committed and professional staff, to develop to their fullest potential. The school firmly believes each and every one of its students has a variety of rich talents, gifts and interests. When these are affirmed and encouraged in a spirit of openness, respect and trust, St Joseph's builds fine young people. The community of St Joseph's strive to support each other, work with each other, live in harmony with each other, all for the well-being of the children, who are primary focus.
The Groundsperson, under the direction of the principal, contributes to the effective and efficient operation and environment of the school by providing a high level of maintenance and upkeep of the schools’ grounds. The Groundsperson will be required to assess repairs quickly to enable maximum safety at all times. This position will be Full Time, Permanent role, however Job Share applicants may be considered.
- Basic maintenance (including preventative maintenance) to equipment, grounds and gardens in accordance with schedules and routines or as directed by the Principal/Finance Secretary/WHS Officer including:
- Lawn and garden establishment and maintenance
- Installation and maintenance of irrigation systems
- Operation of a specialised range of machinery eg. ride on mower, GOAT, pole and chain saws and tenant machine
- Use of herbicides and pesticides, compliant with safe work practices
- Control and maintenance of stores and facilities
- Assisting with building maintenance, painting, general clean and washing down of facilities
- Carry out minor repairs to the schools property and equipment as requested
- Assist with the set up and dismantling equipment for school functions
- Ensuring all work tasks comply with Workplace Health and Safety requirements by liaising with the WHS Officer
- Other duties as determined by the Principal/Finance Secretary/WHS Officer.
- Competent in the use and/or maintenance of equipment typically used in grounds/maintenance services
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain gardens and lawn areas
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with students, parents, teachers and school administrators
- Demonstrated ability to assess repairs quickly to enable maximum safety and to comply with Workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Demonstrates a positive approach towards maintaining a high standard of service.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety, and anti-discriminatory practices as applied in an education work environment
- Ability to ensure a high standard of safety and due diligence applies to all areas of work
- Ability to work independently and with others as a team member.
- Demonstrates a positive approach towards maintaining a high standard of service, including attention to detail and initiative
- Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of students, staff and school community
- Ability to prioritise workload and role requirements independently and as part of a team
- Ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships.
Mandatory Criteria/Professional Registration/Other
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government.
- Current Driver’s Licence and the ability to obtain a Bus Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Relevant certificate or trade qualifications.
Please review the Position Description for more information.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary: $59,215 - $61,719 per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter/supporting statement (no more than 2 A4 pages) which addresses your suitability in relation to the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills required of the role.
- Upload a current resume which also includes the name, email address and contact details of two referees.
Applications Close 5pm Wednesday, 26 May 2021.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education