The primary objective of the role is to set up a new team focussed on managing our key business applications and driving our transition to wider use of cloud based services.
Reporting to the Director of IT & Infrastructure the Head of Business Systems is a member of the IT & Infrastructure management team.
This role is responsible for owning, developing and managing the systems and applications used by the business.
· Work in conjunction with IT Director and CTO to maintain and deliver the Technology blueprint and roadmap for business applications.
· Management of business applications hosted both internally, with 3rd parties and as cloud services;
· Ensure smooth operations of our internal facing applications and databases in collaboration with internal teams and 3rd parties;
· The management and promotion of ITIL processes within the Business Systems team to support a consistent high quality delivery of support services to business users and other technology teams;
· Management of capacity and availability of applications to meet operational demand;
· Ensure the data integrity of applications and data sources.
· Ensure application security is in line with company policy
· Involvement in project work as directed, ensuring that projects are reliably and consistently delivered to the expectation of the business, risks, issue, assumptions and dependencies are managed and communicated effectively on behalf of the department;
· Collaboration with project teams to ensure, time, resource and costs are in place;
· Manage the acceptance process for any changes to the company’s applications and databases in conjunction with the Governance team;
· Identification of the need to engage services of third-party suppliers as required;
· Assist the IT Direct in negotiating support and licensing agreements;
· Implement 3rd party application SLA’s;
· Influence 3rd party application roadmaps to ensure they support the company’s business needs.
· Line management responsibility to include performance management, allocation of work, incident management, problem resolution;
· Work collaboratively with internal and external teams ensuring that applications support current and future needs of the business and operational requirements are considered when introducing or changing a service.
· Work in collaboration with delivery teams in delivering changes to our business applications and database services.
· Ensure plans are in place for business system disaster recovery and service continuity in conjunction with the Business Continuity team.
Ensure workloads and effort are managed and support the activities and priorities of others;
· Implement, manage, improve and monitor business systems’ service levels.
· Line-management experience to include motivating and managing a successful team;
· Strong experience of Salesforce Platform and related products is essential.
· Strong experience of three or more of the following application areas
i. Sales order processing systems
ii. Finance applications (Netsuite)
iii. HR systems
iv. Subscription management services (Zuora)
· Building relationships with both customers and internal clients;
· Strong analytical skills including process management and data architectures
· Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills with a proven record of managing key stakeholders up to and including CEO level;
· Ability to manage ambiguity
· Self-starter and self-motivated.
· Working experience of more than one project delivery frameworks
· Working in a global 24x7 service organisation
· Working within the Publishing sector or other creative Industries.
· Understanding of process optimization