Head of Geography
Cressex Community School
- Cressex Pay Range 1 – 9 (£22,917 - £38,633 pa) plus TLR 1.1 - £7,699
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- Required for September 2018
- Apply by:
- 5 February 2018
Are you ready to play a key role in the further development of our thriving, multi-cultural secondary school? Our great students are at the heart of all we do. We offer a well-resourced department going from strength to strength.
We are looking for an ambitious colleague to:
- Motivate the department to improve results further still by enthusiastic and expert teaching
- Confidently lead on experiences outside the classroom including national and international trips
- Make a strong all-round contribution to the climate and ethos of the school
Why should you come to Cressex?
- A supportive and dedicated community of staff and governors
- A data-rich environment focused on raising standards for all
- A superb, state-of-the-art learning environment to support innovative teaching and learning
We would welcome you for a visit to the school or for an informal discussion.
Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter explaining how your experience fits you for the post.
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from our website: www.cressex.org
Closing date: 8am, Monday 5th February 2018
Interviews: shortly thereafter
Cressex Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
About Cressex Community School
- Cressex Community School
- Holmers Lane, High Wycombe
- HP12 4QA
- United Kingdom
High educational achievement and a positive attitude to learning are keys to lifetime success. At the Cressex Community School we firmly believe that high achievement for each and every student is our shared responsibility. As a team of staff, we aim to ensure that everyone in the school is able to achieve to their full potential, and we hope, to discover new skills and talents too. We want our learners to be happy, confident and to have high aspirations for themselves. When they leave us to move on to the next stage of education, training or employment, we want the young people educated here to be able to play a full role in society as successful, fulfilled citizens.
To achieve these aims we seek:
• to inspire students through a broad, challenging and stimulating curriculum
• to extend students’ horizons and provide opportunities for students to learn and succeed within and beyond the classroom
• to build respect for hard work and achievement within an ordered, purposeful environment
• to ensure that we identify and meet students’ individual needs
• to provide students and their parents with regular feedback on progress in school
• to teach good behaviour, decency, respect and to foster a school ethos that embraces diversity while challenging intolerant or anti-social attitudes
• to listen to and incorporate the views of all partners in the school in plans for improvement
At Cressex we have a strong and experienced team of staff. Our governing body takes a close interest in the school and supports us very well.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.