The College is seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and hardworking Head of Department to lead and manage the Maths Department. The successful applicant will be required to teach A Level Maths and GCSE Maths. The ability to offer Further Maths would be an advantage.
The post is available from 1 September 2020 on permanent, full-time basis. The full-time teaching contact time at Reigate College is 22.75 hours per week. Heads of Department receive two periods of remission (2 x 65 minutes) for their responsibility.
Our ideal person will be able to demonstrate a track record of success in delivering the highest standards and achieving outstanding results. The post holder must be confident in the use of information technology in all aspects of their work.
The post would equally suit an experienced Head of Department or someone looking for their first Head of Department role.
The Department is housed in the County Building with classrooms that are fully equipped with data projectors and white boards. The department also has access to mobile learning technologies to further enhance learning.
The Department teaches in a collaborative style, with all staff contributing to central teaching resources. Students regularly progress onto university courses for Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Accounting, Economics and Medicine.
The Department consists of eleven other teachers, who work closely as a team in a friendly and co-operative manner. Strong emphasis is given to mutual support by the exchange of ideas and materials.
The post holder will not have a specific course responsibility, but will be supported by Course Leaders for each course.
The Department offers Maths and Further Maths A Levels, as well as GCSE Maths resit for students who have not yet achieved a grade 4 or above.
The Department operates a number of ‘Plus’ classes, designed to improve student performance within the timetabled periods.
The salary for this post is up to £45,202 per annum.
Applicants are asked to complete and return the enclosed application form to the Personnel Department by email to email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 9.00am on Monday 6 April 2020.
When completing their application, candidates are asked to indicate:
• Why you are applying for the post
• A Level Results (A*-B grades, retention, value added), preferably for the past three years
• GCSE Results (9-4 grades, retention, value added), preferably for the past three years
• Particular strengths, experiences and interests that you would bring to this post
• What you are able to bring to College life outside of your teaching commitment
• Details of any leadership responsibilities you have had within education and how you have instigated positive change and improved outcomes for students
• Details of any experience of personnel management
• Which courses you are able to offer and which specifications you are familiar with
Reigate College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on successful applicants including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.