Head of Maths
Contract Type: Permanent
The Snaith School has a reputation for academic excellence and first class pastoral care. Our pupils are happy, well-mannered and proud of their school. With the help of our dedicated team of staff, and in partnership with parents and carers, our pupils push themselves to achieve their very best and are rewarded for their effort.
We are part of The Education Alliance, a growing multi-academy trust, currently consisting of The Snaith School, South Hunsley School and Sixth Form College, Malet Lambert School, Driffield School and Sixth Form, Hunsley Primary School, and Yorkshire Wolds Teacher Training. We are here to make great schools and happier, stronger communities so that people have better lives. We do this by always doing what is right, trusting each other, standing shoulder to shoulder and doing what we know makes the difference. Doing what is right means always acting with integrity, in the interests of others, and being honest, open and transparent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join The Snaith School and lead the Maths Department.
You will be:
- An experienced leader with a track record of raising standards in Maths and leading a team
- Highly motivated and innovative and able to make a distinctive contribution to pupils’ learning
- Able to teach Maths at KS3 and KS4
- A dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic classroom practitioner who is passionate about their subject area specialism and is able to make a distinctive contribution to pupils’ learning
- Willing to contribute to other areas of school life
We are a values driven organisation, offering autonomy, collaboration, shared learning and development, opportunities for innovation, personal and professional growth and a high level of professional trust.
You can find out more about us by watching our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJPq99Jon24 and visiting our website www.theeducation alliance.org.uk.
Applications are to be received no later than 9am on 18 October 2019.
Interviews are anticipated for week commencing 21 October 2019.
The Education Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.