We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated Head of PE to join our vibrant in September 2019. The successful candidate will have responsibility for PE throughout key stages 3 and 4 and BTEC Sport.
Turing House School is an inspirational new 11-19 secondary school, currently with years 7 to 10. Our first three years have established us as a successful and exceptionally popular school, being oversubscribed with waiting lists for each year group, and achieving Good with outstanding features in our first Ofsted last academic year. The school’s permanent site in Whitton will be ready in 2020, with state of the art PE facilities, and until then we are based in high quality accommodation on two sites. From September, we will have years 9 to 11 at our Teddington site and years 7 and 8 at our Hampton site. The successful candidate will teach at both sites.
You will join us at an exciting time with our first academic year of GCSE exams and planning and recruiting for our sixth form that opens in 2020, providing a rare opportunity for an inspirational teacher to make a mark on the new school and develop your career with us.
The successful candidates will have:
- be an outstanding PE Teacher with leadership experience or ready for the next stage in their career
- be an excellent practitioner who leads by example with the ability to teach inspirational lessons across the key stages
- ideally specialise in boys’ PE
- be an effective and passionate communicator who can inspire and motivate children and adults
- be able to manage and develop staff and lead change
- be highly skilled in analysing data and benchmarks to ensure the progress of every student
- be flexible, dedicated and passionate about delivering exceptional learning experiences and ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- share the school’s mission and ethos
We can offer:
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment
- smaller classes of 25
- main pay scale or upper pay scale, depending on experience, with TLR2a
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us.
Please do use the website to find out more about us. In particular, we suggest you visit:
• Newsletters to find out more about the life of the school.
• Curriculum Guides to find out more about our curriculum.
If you are confident you can rise to the challenges we want to hear from you!
To register your interest and receive a recruitment pack, please visit: www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/vacancies.php
For more information on the school please visit our website and if you would like to visit the school or have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8069 6100.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 24th April 2019. Interviews will take place soon after applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by telephone and email.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.