Head of Science
MPS/UPS (Fringe) – TLR 1c
(enhanced salary negotiable dependent on experience/skills set)
Required for September 2021
Beechwood is an oversubscribed school and founding partner of The Schelwood Multi-Academy Trust. We are a vibrant and diverse school where students, staff and parents collaborate to create a strong community which has great ambition and is determined to achieve the highest of standards.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and highly effective colleague to join our Science team and who will continue to drive up standards in Science. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious colleague with a passion for their subject area and the ability to channel this passion into innovative and stimulating teaching. The colleague will be able to work effectively within a team and be able to secure improvements and excellent outcomes for our young people.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to secure high standards of achievement;
- the ability to give clear direction to teaching and learning across the Science curriculum area in all specialisms;
- excellent teaching skills;
- high level organisational and ICT skills;
- a track record of success at all Key Stages.
- effective communication skills, with the capacity to lead and work collaboratively as part of a team;
- the potential to become an outstanding middle leader.
Beechwood is a forward-thinking dynamic learning community with an exceptional and special ethos. We have excellent extensive facilities and therefore a great teaching and learning environment. If you are committed to securing only the very best for young people and want to join a highly supportive team of colleagues who are on a rapid and successful school improvement journey with the goal of securing outstanding status, then we would be interested in meeting with you and discussing this position further.
For further details and an application pack please contact Karen Crump, Trust HR Manager on 01753 520473 or via email to email@example.com Informal discussions and visits to the school are welcome.
Closing date: Monday 17 May 2021
We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline for an exceptional candidate
Beechwood is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for this post.
CVs are not acceptable.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years