Heron Hall Academy is part of the Cuckoo Hall Academy Trust (CHAT) established in 2010 to run and manage four Primary and one Secondary Academies serving approximately 2500 children. Heron Hall has enjoyed a fantastic £40 million development creating spacious, light teaching areas with our new building complementing the existing listed building which has been fully renovated to an exceptionally high standard.
The most recent Ofsted inspection (January 2019) graded the school as ‘good’ in every category. Based in Enfield we are focused on driving up the quality of education provision and standards. In the 2018 local authority performance tables, Heron Hall was listed as third from the top with regards to both attainment and progress.
Heron Hall is a growing school and currently has approximately 700 students in Key Stage 3 & 4 with a future capacity of 1500 which will include Key Stage 5. Our goal is to provide outstanding education and life changing opportunities for all our children. We want to be recognised for academic excellence and having a reputation for giving pupils the critical skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in education, employment and life.
If you are able to inspire students of all abilities to achieve the highest possible attainment at Key Stage 3 and 4 this role with Heron Hall Academy, is the opportunity you are looking for. We are looking for a dedicated and talented Humanities (Geography) Teacher to help us deliver an outstanding school that is recognised for producing students who can be successful in any social sphere.
• Commitment to professional development within school, through our network of schools and through external providers
• Collaborative leadership at both middle and senior level
• Excellent support and guidance for NQTs
• Partnerships with Warwick university for teacher training
• Excellent career development
• A convenient location in Enfield, with excellent public transport links
• Free on site car parking for staff and a subsidised canteen for lunches
• Cash benefits system through Medicash and a generous pension scheme through the TPS Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.