Inclusion Support Teacher - Full Time / Fixed Term
St Francis Xavier School, Daly River, NT
Working at St Francis Xavier Catholic School is more than just a job. It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making a difference for young, Aboriginal people and working with others who feel the same. We offer a competitive salary, subsidised housing, a friendly work environment, and a great career opportunity in a cross-cultural context.
The Inclusion Support Teacher will assist students with learning needs in being able to access a full and appropriate education at St Francis Xavier School. This is done through ensuring students are suitably catered for and supported educationally, behaviourally, socially, emotionally, physically and spiritually in each class and across the school.
- Bachelor of Education qualification or equivalent
- Experience working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities across a range of year levels (Transition – Year 10)
- Demonstrated ability to work with young, Aboriginal students often with complex needs, in a safe and respectful way
- Experience working in a team approach context
- Demonstrated skills and experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with students, setting limits and assisting students to meet behavioural expectations
- Valid NT Ochre Card.
- Experience working or teaching in an Aboriginal community would be an advantage.
- Commitment to support Catholic ethos, excellent communication skills and capacity to work with school staff to ensure best outcomes for students.
If you require additional information regarding this job you are welcome to contact: Principal Consultant Geoff Perry on 08 89841400
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th of January 2019.
St Francis Xavier’s Catholic School is a remote, Aboriginal community school just 2.5 hours from Darwin on a sealed road. The school is located on the beautiful Daly River. Go exploring on the weekends and share your stories with the local Aboriginal community. To learn more about Catholic Education NT, and what it is like to teach in a remote school, visit our new website: www.teachnt.com