Internal Communications Manager
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
The Tes Human Resources team are pivotal to support the change agenda within Tes. The team welcomes its ambitious goals and strives to create value for the business, its employees and customers whilst delivering operational excellence. The incumbent will bring expertise in communication and employee engagement and will be highly engaged in supporting the business through transformation.
Reporting to the Head of Organisational Effectiveness, the Internal Communications Manager for Tes will manage all Tes internal communications and staff engagement whilst developing the external employee proposition. They will help drive greater productivity and value across the Group by engaging staff in our customer focused purpose, strategy and values and creating a great working environment and culture.
To include, but not be limited to:
Provide strategic counsel to, partner with, and influence key stakeholders across the organisation as needed on communications approaches, plans, initiatives and messaging and positioning to ensure communications are compelling and aligned to the needs of employees and company goals.
Staff engagement & communications
● Develop and drive company-wide internal communications that inspire and connect employees to Tes’s mission, values and strategy
● Ensure employee communications are globally minded, culturally resonant and consistent with Tes’s external communications and brand
● Engage staff in activities to support company CSR agenda, including the corporate charity partner
● Forging a network of local community managers across the Tes group of companies to aid communications, engage local staff and ensure a focus on all territories equally
● Managing change and communications around key initiatives, ensuring communication is relevant and human
● Establish regular communications around company strategy and progress against it
● Recognising great work by staff and ensuring that senior management have a role and responsibility in the process
Company values & employer brand
● Develop the company values and culture, bringing them to life secure buy in from management and employees
● Channel the passion of Tes employees to develop ambassador programs to strengthen the Tes brand internally and create the employee value proposition externally
● Maintain a positive staff experience and connections between group businesses with events and promotion of other benefits
Channels & systems
● Lead, manage and execute multiple projects across multiple channels in a fast-paced environment, including, developing collaboration tools, roll out of communications programmes on employee experience, leader Q&As, videos, organisation announcements, newsletters, podcasts and events
● Develop the company Intranet site and other employee channels, and build measurable engagement with staff
● Using staff survey data tools to analyse and organise a corporate response to critical issues impacting staff engagement
● Work with IT to ensure systems and processes are updated regularly
About the candidateEssential Skills/Qualifications
● Exceptional written communication skills
● Change communications experience in fast paced sector
● Basic design skills for producing newsletters and presentations
● Experience of managing enterprise social networks
● Strong project management and decision-making skills
● Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Ability to work across varied global markets and culturesDesirable Skills/Qualifications
● Minimum bachelors degree (post-graduate or professional degrees preferred) or equivalent
● Video creation and multimedia skills
● Passion for the education sectorExperience
● Professional experience in house or in agency communications or internal employee engagement, organisational development roles
● Experience in digital media, technology and/ or education sectors would be useful
About Tes Global
- Tes Global
- 3 St Paul’s Place, Norfolk Street, Sheffield
- South Yorkshire
- S1 2JE
- United Kingdom
Tes Global is a digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years.
Our mission is what we stand for. ''We believe in the power of great teaching. We support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education''
We’re aiming to develop the products and services that will make the biggest difference in global education. We’re providing teachers and schools with training, resources and jobs services alongside the world’s largest online teacher community.
We are working to making a difference in the lives of educators, children and students by building a strong and sustainable digital education company, with commercial and social purpose that will improve standards in education worldwide.
We put educators at the heart of everything we do and we‘re passionate about the difference we’re making in global education. We succeed by working together to develop and deliver by collaborating across teams and global locations.
We’re excited about our future; we’re embracing new ideas, innovative ways of working and open technologies so that we can help every educator in the world to raise global teaching standards.
We treat others’ as we would like to be treated ourselves – with dignity and respect. We’re sociable people with a sense of fun and if you believe in improving education worldwide we’ll warmly welcome you here.
We are diverse, we come from different backgrounds and different countries; we are teachers, journalists, designers, technologists, sales people, events managers, software engineers and more. We are socially engaged and united by our passion to support educators, schools, universities and students to ensure that everyone has the best education wherever they are.
Our rewards and benefits
We’re committed to providing an inclusive and engaging workplace where we value everyone’s contribution. We have high expectations and our people work hard so when it comes to our benefits, we have everything you’d expect, from health insurance, generous annual holiday entitlement and retirement benefits. But we also offer more than the basics. Our benefits are part of who we are and are there to support your work / life balance, your health, your development and your financial security.
Our commitment to diversity
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and we believe that we are stronger when we are inclusive. You’ll be treated fairly whatever your age, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or family circumstances.
Everyone is responsible for the promotion and advancement of our diversity policy and we are an Equal Opportunities employer. As such, we are committed to ensuring a culture of equal opportunities with respect and dignity at work for all employees.
We are a truly global company with a presence in the UK, US, Australia and beyond, and everyone, in every location is an integral part of the Tes team.
Join our team to help make a difference in global education. Check out our latest job opportunities below and apply or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.