Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
The Junior Designer’s principal responsibility will be to assist in the design and layout of the THE and its associated publications.
They will ensure that high standards are maintained and deadlines adhered to. In addition the Junior Designer will perform, when required, a similar function on the TES and its associated publications.
· To ensure that layout pages for the various TES Global publications comply with the overall design guidelines and are to a high standard.
· Display a strong picture sense and ensure, either through commissioning or researching, that appropriate quality images have been sourced for pages.
· Work with section editors to ensure that there are no holdups occur in the production process.
· Use Photoshop and other programs to produce images to illustrate TES articles.
· To be able to generate creative, engaging and vibrant ideas.
· To adhere to deadlines.
· To provide cover across the department as required.
· To be flexible to the demands of the products.
· To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments within TES Global.
· To attend meetings as requested.
· To comply with any reasonable request by senior colleagues.
· A Minimum of two years’ relevant magazine experience or equivalent.
· Diploma or degree in design or art-related subject preferred.
· Strong skills in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Ability to visualise difficult concepts.
· Self-starter, high degree of personal motivation.
· Ability to work fast and creatively.
· Confidence and intelligence to question when something is wrong.
· Willingness to take risks with original designs and images.
· The ability to take responsibility and to work unchecked.
· Communicates well with colleagues.