This is a new post, created at a time of expansion. Downham Market Academy has recently joined the high achieving Cambridgeshire Educational Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in this high achieving and ambitious trust.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and inspiring practitioner who will build upon the success of the Mathematics Department and lead and develop an innovative curriculum that allows our students to achieve their best possible outcomes.
The college strongly believes continuing professional development is at the heart of excellent teaching and high standards and has an outstanding programme open to all members of staff, offering tailored CPD to staff at all stages of their careers.
We welcome applications from both recently qualified teachers who are ambitious and are looking to take the first steps into leadership, and more experienced practitioners looking for their next challenge.
During our expansion we will always be keen to hear from outstanding practitioners, at all levels of experience, who are interested in joining our team. The exact nature of the responsibility will be discussed at interview and is intended to build on the successful candidate’s strengths and areas of interest.
The successful candidate will be:
· exemplary and inspiring in their teaching and be able to lead colleagues to do likewise;
· highly organised, motivational and flexible;
· an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all pupils reaching their full potential;
· reflective in classroom and leadership practice;
· dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others;
· have high expectations of themselves and others;
· be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
· have excellent subject knowledge;
· be flexible and a good team player.
Downham Market Academy can offer a range of incentives to attract the very best talent: These could include:
• Option 1: Very flexible working arrangements- we are extremely experienced in working with
teachers who wish to work part time and can adapt the timetable in order to suit their
• Option 2: Relocation Allowance – for example help with initial rent payments, a deposit or
• Option 3: Recruitment Allowance – either a one-off introduction or over three years.
Outstanding teachers, with proven track records, will be eligible for this allowance.
• Option 4: London weighting – available for teachers currently working in London. We will
match your current salary (plus any appropriate pay scale rises you are due) for the first year.
• Option 5: NQT package. For the right NQT this includes:
• a reduced timetable for the first two years (60% in year 1, 90% in year 2).
• a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including timetabled mentor meetings
• half termly NQT team meetings.
• access to the school’s exceptional CPD programme offering CPD opportunities at least three
times every week.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package. We place a very high value on continuous professional development; the successful candidate would have immediate access to our very high quality in house programme as well as the opportunity to be supported though a Masters in education if they chose to pursue one. This is an exciting time to join our vibrant college with our planned expansion meaning there is an excellent opportunity for career development and progression.