Downham Market Academy
Norfolk, United Kingdom
Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom
Type: Mainstream School
Phase: Secondary with sixth form
Funding status: State - Academy
Age range: 11 - 18 years
About Downham Market Academy
About Downham Market Academy
- Co-educational, 11-18 mixed comprehensive with approximately 1200 students, including 138 in the Sixth Form in the town of Downham Market, Norfolk.
- Now part of Cambridgeshire Educational Trust
- Our students really want to learn and are genuinely delightful young people to spend time with.
- We offer an exceptional CPD programme; relocation packages; reduced timetables and an exciting creative environment within which to work.
- We enjoy preferential rates at Alive Downham Leisure, which is right next door, on memberships for gym, swimming and classes.
- Our staff retention rate is excellent as we offer an exceptional environment within which to thrive and enjoy teaching.
- As well as a stimulating curriculum for all students, staff are committed to offering a large number of extracurricular activities.
- Headteacher is Rolf Purvis.
Values and vision
- Downham Market Academy goes to great lengths to ensure that its pupils show respect and understanding towards each other and their school.
- There is a community-agreed set of basic principles that all students and staff are expected to follow.
- These principles include: respect for their environment; a willingness to learn; acting as role models for the people around them; and being polite and courteous to all.
About Cambridgeshire Educational Trust
- We are keen to recruit exceptional individuals to join our outstanding trust which comprises Chesterton Community College, Downham Market Academy and two free schools in pre-opening.
- The trust’s founding school, Chesterton Community College, has been judged outstanding by Ofsted and has consistently had results in the top 0.5% of schools in the country.
About Downham Market
- Downham Market is a market town set in beautiful Norfolk, with excellent fast train links to the cultural centres of both Cambridge (33 minutes) and London (1 hour 27 minutes).
- Housing is relatively inexpensive and the area boasts many opportunities for sport and leisure activities.
- Beautiful North Norfolk, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is only around 45 minutes away and is home to much of The Broads National Park, Britain's largest protected wetland. The area is great for walking and is a haven for wildlife and birds. North Norfolk is also home to unspoilt, award-winning beaches; market towns and villages boasting eateries, shops and artisans as well as museums, stately homes and places of cultural and historical interest.
Teacher of Latin- Subject Lead
Downham Market Academy, Norfolk
We require an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated teacher of Classics to lead and grow our faculty who will build upon the success of the Department and teach an innovative curriculum.
Salary: MPS/UPS Plus a TLR