Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school, a truly comprehensive school and a school where every child really does matter. We are featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Proud to continue to achieve positive academic progress for our students.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are looking for a Lead Teacher of Music who really cares about helping our students succeed. You will be joining a strong Music department both at KS3 and KS4, where BTEC Music and ncfe Music Technology results are consistently above National benchmarks.
- We are seeking a talented, creative, student-centred Lead Teacher to join us from September 2019.
- With the ability to deliver innovative practical lessons, which demonstrate high expectations of students, and inspire them to succeed, improving achievement at both Key Stages for all learners.
- Our KS3 curriculum is heavily practical and requires good vocal and instrumental skills (particularly keyboard, guitars, drum kit).
- Our KS4 curriculum has recently changed and our current Y10 cohort are being taught the RSL Level 1 / 2 Certificate in Creative and performing Arts for both Music Practitioners and Music Technology (mainly using Reason). An ability to teach Music technology would be preferable.
Come and visit us to meet the team of students and staff who are making Firth Park Academy one of the best schools in our city:
- Email our current (retiring) Lead Music teacher to arrange a learning walk during the school day or a chance to meet.
- Apply for our role and see us on interview day.
- Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
- Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website (Hyperlink to FPA website) to find out more.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- Teachers' Pension or Local Government Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- A generous annual leave allowance
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Sue Armstrong Director of Learning, on email@example.com
The position is due to commence in September 2019, with interviews to be held week beginning Monday 29 April 2019
Closing date: Saturday 20 April 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.