Manchester Academy is vibrant, dynamic and forward thinking teaching community which embraces diversity and is committed to ensuring the success of our students. We are located on the outskirts of the world famous Manchester City Centre which means excellent transport links into Manchester and the North-West.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for Literacy Support Worker to join our Academy. The main purpose of this role is to work as part of a team in raising the profile of literacy across the whole school while also working with the Literacy Team to establish clear plans for all students accessing the Literacy Provision.
We are currently looking to appoint an individual who;
• Significant and successful experience of working with children with poor literacy skills (requiring significant intervention to increase their RA to their chronological age)
• Successful experience of working with children across a wide ability range
• Experience of working with colleagues to set short term goals for individual pupils and of supporting the pupils in achieving these.
In return we will provide you with;
• Support with CPD and Development needs.
• A positive and modern environment in which to work in.
For further details on this post please read the Job Description or visit http://www.manchester-academy.org/Vacancies
Manchester Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, therefore as part of the Safer Recruitment process, references will be requested if shortlisted for the position. Manchester Academy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in employment. Appointment will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced DBS check.