Start date: Immediate Start Available
Position: Full-time or Part-Time on offer
Level 2 - $51,795 - $53,131
Hourly: $26.1224 - $26.7961
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect
The position of Maintenance/Groundsman includes support across all aspects of the College maintenance, but not limited to:
- Basic Maintenance to grounds and gardens
- Ensuring all work tasks comply with Workplace Health and Safety requirements by liaising with the WH&S Officer.
- Assisting with building maintenance, painting, general clean and washing down of facilities
- Carry out minor repairs to the schools property and equipment
- Assist with the set up and dismantling equipment for College functions
- Other duties as determined by the Facilities Coordinator.
Candidates should possess the following experience and personal qualities:
- Basic ‘handy man’ abilities
- Know how to prioritise workload
- Good interpersonal skills with clear ability to be able to work effectively with a range of people;
- Attention for detail especially with all general cleaning tasks
- The ability to understand and follow directions
- The ability to work independently and with a team
- The ability to follow all Work Place Health & Safety requirements
- Available for Immediate Start.
- Hold or be eligible for a Blue Working with Children Suitability Card
- Undertake system based Child Protection Training
- Undertake Workplace Health & Safety Training
- Current Drivers Licence (Manual Preferred) and ability to obtain a Bus Licence (LR)
Please see the Position Description for further information.
How to apply
If you have a relevant qualifications and/or experience, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete the online application below
- Write a covering letter which outlines how your skills and experience makes you the best candidate for this role
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications for this role will close 4.00pm Friday 27th September 2019.