Oasis Academy Silvertown is a successful secondary academy in the Royal Docks area of East London. Oasis Silvertown received its first Ofsted Inspection in May 2017 and were delighted to be awarded “good” with 3 “outstanding” judgements for Leadership and Management, Personal Development, Behaviour, Welfare and Student Outcomes. We have an ambitious mission statement for all our students: Ready for University. Ready to Lead. Our mission is underpinned by our core values, which staff and students hold: Be proud, be professional, be nice, be independent, and be resilient. We are seeking an exceptional leader with untiring dedication, positivity and initiative to assist in the further development and growth of our Academy.
We are looking for a passionate Teacher of Science to thrive in our supportive environment. Whether you are a new teacher looking to do your NQT year in a supportive and happy school where personal development is at the centre of everything we do, or a more experienced teacher looking for a school where your passion and ideas will be welcomed enthusiastically, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer:
- Room for progression within the science department
- Working in a friendly department
- New science labs and office space for all teachers
- Developmental lesson observations instead of grading
What you can offer:
- Ability to teach across all key stages
- Creativity with lesson plans
- Sharing best practice and teaching methods with department
Reasons to work at Oasis Academy Silvertown:
- Silvertown has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- The Silvertown culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teaching is a truly great creative profession.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in and take responsibility for pioneering change.
- We are an Academy that feels our students should be exposed to as wide a variety of cultures and experiences as possible. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this journey.
Please download and complete the application form below for this role. To find out why we’re so proud of Oasis Academy Silvertown, visit our website now at www.oasisacademysilvertown.org.
Oasis Academy Silvertown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.