Personal Assistant to the Head of School
Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai (SISD) opened in August 2015 and is a candidate school for all three academic International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes with the goal of becoming an IB continuum school. The school currently serves approximately 980 students up to Grade 10. Student numbers will eventually rise to a targeted total of about 2,200 of whom 300 students will be boarders. Our generous, state-of-the art campus with significant sports facilities is located in Dubai Healthcare City, Al Jaddaf, Dubai. Find out more about SISD at www.sisd.ae.
We have created a school that offers an outstanding education focused on both academic excellence and personal growth. We encourage students to take risks, become compassionate lifelong learners and responsible citizens who care for one another and contribute to a strong society through intercultural understanding and respect. At SISD, a distinctive feature of school life is the diverse student body made up of more than 60 different nationalities. It is our strong belief that the next generation of international citizens will need to be dynamic, flexible and linguistically ambitious. This is why we offer all our students the opportunity to become multilingual. Our international programmes reflect a sincere commitment to a Swiss vision of excellence in education to enable our students fully to embrace future opportunities.
We are looking for an outstanding, dynamic and enthusiastic Personal Assistant to the Head of School.
The Personal Assistant to the Head of School is responsible for the provision of a high quality PA service that supports the educational ambitions of SISD.
The main duties and responsibilites include:
• To provide a highly proactive PA service to the Head of School
• To have sole responsibility for diary management and organize both internal and external meetings and travel arrangements for the Head of School
• To manage the scheduling of meetings for the Head of School, ensuring agendas are set where applicable
• To act as a ‘gatekeeper’ and manage the flow of contact to the Head of School, filtering all communications and exercising judgement with regard to the degree of urgency and high standards of tact and diplomacy in the referral of matters
• To support the flow of communication from the Head of School and maintaining a coherent brand message across all communications
• To take minutes and monitor complex and sensitive actions for strategic groups, including but not limited to School Management, taking follow up action or advising of problems/delays as necessary
• To provide an effective and supportive environment for the Head of School to carry out his duties
• To build effective working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
• To co-ordinate KHDA documentation and requirements
• To have full accountability for the front desk service
• To make decisions and initiate appropriate action on behalf of the Head of School or by directing to others
The successful candidate will have an Administration and/or Customer Service background with a minimum of 3 yeArs experience in the capacity of a PA in a school and be:
• Proficiency in English plus French and/or German
• Experienced in Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
The salary and benefits package reflects the fact that SISD is committed to excellence. In addition to a tax-free globally competitive salary, SISD provides an annual flight allowance, discount on school fees and medical insurance.
Applicants are invited to apply directly through the TES application form or directly to SISD by submitting:
•a letter of application addressed to the Head of School
•a current CV including a recent passport size photograph and details of two professional referees, of which one should be a current or most recent employer, line manager or supervisor
Email applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date 31 March 2018
SISD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its employees and students. A police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.