Hours - Up to 18 hours per week, term time only
We are looking to recruit a Pastoral Support Assistant to work alongside the Pastoral Support Manager (PSM) and with staff and parents to ensure that students at the school are fully supported. The key focus of this role is to support the PSM in their work with student behaviour which will involve liaising with the Performance Directors, Directors of Learning, parents and external agencies. The role will also involve assisting in the management of the silent learning area. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure are essential for this role. The successful candidate will be committed, enthusiastic, adaptable and an excellent team player.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past three years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips
If you would like to work in a forward thinking school and make a difference, we would like to hear from you. This position is permanent contract and has a start date of September 2017. The deadline for applications is September 18th 2017. Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. The school operates a children of staff admission rule.
Closing date: 18/09/2017 09:00:00
Interview date: To be confirmed