Dyatmika School is an established, not for profit school on the beautiful island of Bali, Indonesia. We are seeking a qualified and experienced Primary Teacher to teach Classes 2 and 3. Contract is January 2020 - July 2021, renewable.
What we would like from you
We require you to:
- be fully qualified as a teacher for this age range
- have 5 years of experience as a qualified teacher (this is an Indonesian immigration requirement)
- be less than 60 years young at the end of contract, as stipulated by Indonesian Immigration. This is not how Dyatmika views the vast experience that teachers in this age bracket bring to teaching, but we are bound by regulations.
It would also be an advantage to have:
- working knowledge of the Cambridge International curriculum
- experience of teaching bilingual students
- experience of mentoring within a team of teachers
- some Indonesian language or a willingness to learn
- a willingness to renew the initial contact
Additional selection criteria include:
- a high standard of teaching practice and a commitment to professional learning
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- being a strong team player
- demonstrating respect for a diverse school culture
- a sense of proportion and the capacity to adapt to life in Bali
- a clear fit with the ethos of Dyatmika School
What you can expect from us
Dyatmika is a supportive school community with a collegial feel, a positive parent body and students who want to learn. We offer you:
- a competitive salary
- initial accommodation and a housing allowance
- a resettlement allowance
- full International medical insurance
- visa costs
- incoming flights / annual flights
- professional learning opportunities
- Indonesian language lessons
Full details, including family benefits, are provided to short listed candidates.
Visit our career site to learn more about Dyatmika School.
Teachers at Dyatmika have an excellent lifestyle in well-appointed accommodation. They enjoy interesting intercultural opportunities as well as a wide range of leisure activities including water and land based sports; a vibrant music, yoga and salsa dancing scene; world class literary, film and food festivals, or simply relaxing on nearby beaches.
Bali is situated in a fascinating part of the world. Our teachers delight in weekend breaks within Bali and the off-shore islands. The airport gives easy access to this fascinating region and other international destinations.
Our preference is that you apply via the TES portal. Please ensure that you address the requirements of this vacancy and explain specifically why you would like to join us at Dyatmika.
Alternatively, you can also send a CV and covering letter that addresses the selection criteria (4 pages in total) to HR@dyatmika.org. Please Include your Skype, email and phone contacts; a photo and contacts for 2 referees.
Address all applications to Julie Browett (Director).
When to apply
Please apply speedily. There will be a rolling schedule of shortlisting and interviews. We will potentially appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.