Salary Range: $32,704 - $47,103
Hourly Rate: $44.70 - 64.48 per hour (based on experience)
Position: Primary Teacher - Music and Choir
Classification: Part-Time Contract - Monday 20th April 2020 until Friday 4th December 2020
Hours: 13.5 hours per week
Start Date: Term 2 2020
Location: Ryan Catholic College - Junior Campus
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
At Ryan Catholic College
we provide a Catholic education for both boys and girls from Prep to Year 12 on two campuses (Prep to Year 4 and Years 5 to 12). Our students are offered a diverse curriculum in modern, well-equipped facilities.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from passionate Primary Teachers or Graduates to commence at Ryan Catholic College (Junior Campus).
This position is to commence Term 2 of 2020 - Monday 20th April 2020 until Friday 4th December 2020
working 13.5 hours per week teaching Music and Choir.
Hours as below:
Monday 8.30am to 2.50pm
Tuesday 8.30 am to 2.50pm
Wednesday 7.45am to 8.30am - Choir
8.30am to 10.30am - Lessons
Graduate teachers are encouraged to apply!
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for Music and Learning Enrichment
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $32,704 - $47,103 (depending on experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Complete a written response outlining your suitability to the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 9:00am Monday 2nd March 2020.