Are you passionate about securing the best outcomes for pupils and committed to giving your best?
Based in the London Borough of Hounslow, Marjory Kinnon School is a popular special school for pupils aged 4-16 years with moderate and severe learning difficulties, a high proportion of whom have a diagnosis of Autism. Ofsted has judged the school as ‘Good’ with behaviour being ‘Outstanding’. We are committed to raising standards that promote the welfare of our pupils through safeguarding and enhancing their learning experiences. The school expects all staff to share this commitment. This is an exciting time to join our happy, friendly and supportive team of professionals as we complete our move into a new purpose built building with excellent facilities that will better meet the needs of our pupils and enhance their education. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Primary Teacher to work with a group of pupils who have moderate and severe learning difficulties, several of whom have a diagnosis of Autism.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified teacher with QTS (NQT’s will be considered as we have comprehensive NQT induction and mentoring systems in place).
• Have a passion for Special Educational Needs and a creative, inspirational approach to developing and delivering the curriculum, able to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential.
• Be able to work collaboratively to secure the best outcomes for all pupils.
• Have an understanding of behaviour management strategies to support pupils.
• Be an excellent classroom manager, able to effectively lead a team of Teaching Assistants.
In return we can offer:
• A well-resourced and enjoyable working environment.
• A school that not only invests in our pupils, but also our staff by providing a range of tailored and bespoke CPD opportunities.
• A supportive leadership team who welcome fresh ideas.
• Excellent transport links with Hatton Cross Station and Feltham Station close by.
Marjory Kinnon School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to DBS checks
If shortlisted, you will be required to spend one full day in our school. The assessment day will be multi-faceted and will include class based activities as well as an interview and written tests. Full details will be sent out in interview invite letters.
Closing date: 5th March 2018
Shortlisting date: 6th March 2018
Interviewing date: w/b 12th March 2018
Further information and an application pack, is available from our website or by email