Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Primary Teacher
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: January 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Catherine’s College, The Whitsundays has a very special place in the history of the Whitsundays. Established as a small convent school by the Sisters of Mercy in 1925, our college has grown to be a co-educational Catholic college for students from Prep to Year 11 in 2016, through to Year 12 in 2017. With dedicated precincts for each stage of their schooling, children at St Catherine’s are provided with an education that is more than just academic.
We use our college values of Excellence, Justice, Compassion, and Community to inspire and guide the character, talents, and aspirations of our young students. Parents and staff work together at encouraging each child to reach their full potential, so they can confidently meet the opportunities and responsibilities of today and their future.
What we are looking for
We are seeking applications from passionate Primary Teachers to commence at St Catherine's in Term 1 2020.
To join this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- An innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for primary teaching
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents, and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Complete a written response addressing the following questions:
1. How would you prepare a literacy block catering for a variety of specific learning needs and ensuring that all students reach success.
2. What do you understand to be the the key learning/ social differences between young boys and girls, and how do you cater for this in the classroom?
3. Behaviour Management and classroom management is critical in establishing safe learning spaces. What strategies have you found to be most effective?
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 6th September 2019.