ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Montessori East is a non-denominational and co-educational primary and pre-school for children aged 3–12 years and also runs a program for children under 3 with their parent/carer. Montessori East follows the educational philosophy and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This rare opportunity has arisen to lead our successful Pre and Primary School into the next exciting phase of development. We are looking for an inspirational, energetic and progressive educator who is outward-facing and charismatic. With a passion for education, you will have an affinity for the Montessori philosophy and our school values.
The new Principal will collaborate with the School Board and the academic team to lead the continued innovation, growth and enrichment of the Montessori philosophy in the School. An active listener and strong written and oral communicator, you will lead staff, parents and stakeholder communications and engagements.
We are looking for a leader who can harness the warmth and maturity Montessori East offers and lead us through the next phase of growth and development. This is a great opportunity to bring your educational vision to this well established and well-respected school.
HOW TO APPLY
An executive search is being undertaken by Smart Leaders Executive Recruitment. They are supporting the School Board throughout the search and selection process.
Candidates are encouraged to provide a resume with a covering letter, sharing examples of relevant situations or experiences that illustrate the selection criteria below. (No more than 1000 words.)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for Montessori education, values, and philosophies.
- Strategically manage change to oversee the short and long-term growth and sustainability of the School.
- Collaborate with teachers and other staff to inform, involve and empower so that improvements, innovations, and change reflect the values, philosophy and strategic direction of the School.
- Deliver marketing and community engagement policies, procedures and activities to promote the School’s unique service offerings.
- Collaborate with the Eastern Suburbs Montessori Association (ESMA) to uphold effective governance and ensure that all decisions lead to the continued success, wellbeing and excellence of the School
For a confidential discussion please contact Sasha Large at Smart Leaders: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application closing date is 17th October 2019.
Selection Panel interviews in the last week of October 2019.