Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 + (Middle Leader Allowance of $15,810)
Position: Religious Education Teacher (Curriculum Tier 3 Middle Leader Role attached for a suitable candidate)
Tenure: Full-Time Permanent
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Margaret Mary's College is a Townsville Girls Catholic High School, founded as in 1963 by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan. The College accepts enrolments from girls Years 7 to 12, and offers a wide variety of subjects and vocational programs. The College is also noted for its many extracurricular activities, its commitment to students with special needs and its variety of service opportunities for students.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
St Margaret Marys College is seeking a permanent Religious Education Teacher to commence in Term 1 of 2020, this position has the possibility of offering a Middle Leader RE Curriculum component for the right applicant.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and a passion for teaching Religious Eduction
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
- Reasonable relocation assistance
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Attach a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 11th December 2019 unless filled prior.