A position has become available in our Academy Site Team to work as part of a team to provide flexible provision throughout the School.
Hours of Work: 25 hours per week term time only
Who are we?
Manchester Communication Primary Academy opened its doors in September 2014 to a small cohort of EYFS/Y1 children, since then it has grown by a 2-form year group each year. The school is approaching capacity with our first cohort of Y6 in place in September.
Our last Ofsted inspection graded the school as ‘Good’ in all areas, MCPA is ‘a school with a ‘heart’; a kind, caring and supportive community. There are 25 different languages spoken yet every pupil is treated as a member of the same family.’ (Ofsted 2017)
The school has a vibrant and inclusive environment; parents are well engaged, staff and children enjoy working and learning at the school. Teachers at the school are well supported; We use ‘Maths No Problem’, ‘Read Write Inc’ and ‘Talk for Writing’ approaches to support our teaching in being the best it can be. Teachers are however encouraged to develop their own individual styles.
1. To work on any Premises activities required by the Academy under the direction of the Head teacher and GMAT Site manager
2. To supervise the in house staff teams and liaise with contractors providing building, grounds, cleaning and catering services.
3. To supervise the running of the outdoor community sports & leisure facilities and liaise with the GMAT site manager on grounds maintenance and cleaning services.
4. To oversee a programme of outdoor sports activity, ensuring the safety of the users at all times and challenging negative behaviours by non-participants.
5. To build up trust and respect with the local community to ensure positive use of the facilities at all times.
6. Support a programme of proactive and responsive maintenance to the building and grounds
7. To ensure that facilities are set up according to user needs and act on user requirements.
8. To fulfil any additional related duties instructed by the Community Facilities Manager or Site Manager
9. To support the Academy in fully implementing relevant Academy policies and procedures to a high standard especially those relating to Health and Safety
10. To help ensure that the Academy is a safe, clean, hygienic and maintained working environment.
Closing Date: 9am 17th July 2019
Interviews: 25th July 2019