Manchester Communication Primary Academy
Manchester, United Kingdom
About Manchester Communication Primary Academy
Manchester Communication Primary Academy opened in 2014, moving into a
state of the art newly built school in 2015.
Since then we have recruited a diverse and committed team of professionals
who have high expectations and a good sense of humour. If this sounds like
a team which you could contribute to, please do read on.
The Academy has excellent working conditions and offers ongoing support for
continued professional and personal development. We are therefore looking
to recruit professionals who share our values and have high expectations of
themselves and the children who they teach.
The academy’s support includes the following:
*Coaching approach to professional development; lesson observations not
graded and no ‘data-driven performance management’.
* Sensible approach to feedback on children’s work- verbal feedback policy.
* High quality published schemes of work used for teaching of maths,
spelling and phonics- training provided on these.
* Every member of staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year in
* Teaching staff have a minimum of 4 hours’ PPA per week. 2 hours always
with year-group partners.
* Weekly staff training session centred on training needs.
* Staff fitness and yoga sessions (which are completely optional) run each
* Car leasing and technology purchasing schemes by salary sacrifice.
* School finishes at 2pm on a Friday.
* 2 week holiday at October half-term.
* Access to confidential personal support provided by an external agency
(financial advice, counselling etc).
* Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy
for those who are ambitious keen to develop. All leadership roles at MCPA
are paid through a leadership allowance or scale, including subject leaders
and TA leaders.